Product Marketing Manager, eCommerce
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Product Marketing Manager ensures that the right customers are getting the right message, through the right channels, and represents the customer's voice in product strategy discussions. The ultimate goal is to make sure we are building the right products and to guide growth and usage of the various products within the overall portfolio. We are looking for creative, data-driven marketers to join Square.
As a PMM for the Square eCommerce team, you will focus on our online ordering products for food and drink sellers. You'll play a critical role in executing growth and marketing strategies to help increase seller processing revenue online and overall feature adoption within the restaurant vertical. You will report to the Senior Product Marketing Manager leading all food and drink online initiatives.
- Advise product management on seller insights to improve product roadmap for Square Online's growth and buyer experience features for restaurants.
- Lead the ongoing GTM and marketing strategy for Square Online's growth in the restaurant vertical. Partner with SEO and content marketing to develop content for existing sellers and prospects around Square Online's branding and buyer experience features
- Develop data-driven lifecycle marketing and cross-sell strategies to drive product growth and retention
- Inform pricing and packaging strategy for new features. Identify target customers, their needs, and how products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and feedback from account management, sales and customer success teams.
- Partner and work with Product Management, Design and Engineering to determine the product strategy and feature roadmap.
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and key messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns for Square Online.
- Track marketing program performance through continuous testing.
- Review competitive products and drive ongoing differentiation.
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience working in product marketing
- 5+ years experience in growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar GTM
- Understanding of product strategy, growth marketing, positioning and messaging
- Experience in growth or lifecycle marketing by email, in-product, content marketing, and other owned/ earned channels
- Background in B2B2C with experience delivering growth in SMB tech, restaurant industry or eCommerce experience nice to have
- Genuine interest in and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.