Senior Product Manager - Risk & Machine Learning Platform
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead our Risk & Machine Learning Platform, which is responsible for ensuring that Afterpay makes accurate, data-driven decisions across its product lines, including online checkout, mobile app, shop directory, loyalty and our card products. This role will focus on building and scaling both the process, services and platforms that enable machine learning and feature engineering to elevate our risk management, payment recovery, data enrichment, personalization and search capabilities at Afterpay. You’ll create both the vision and platform that allows Afterpay to operate at internet scale and work closely with many cross-functional stakeholders, such as data and feature science, risk, payments, and operations teams.
- Work with business leaders, engineers, data scientists and other PMs to define and launch our next wave of machine learning and feature engineering capabilities
- Lead the ideation and development of innovative solutions aimed at driving value and revenue and drive the promotion and adoption by internal teams
- Align product roadmap development with product and engineering objectives and business needs, working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders including data and feature science, engineering, risk, payments, and customer service
- Determine build vs. buy for internal tooling needs
- BS or BA Computer Science or related preferred
- 5+ years of product management or relevant experience
- Background in data science, technical architecture or infrastructure preferred
- Excellent leadership skills with experience working across global markets and with geographically dispersed teams
- Strong collaborator. Ability to build relationships at all levels across the company, communicate complex topics to non-technical stakeholders and deeply understand what drives the business
- Be brave. Be curious. Be cool. Be humble. A sense of humor, a willingness to laugh at danger and an appreciation of the ironic are all pluses
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.