Head of Growth, Performance Marketing
- Dublin, D, Ireland
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Our EU Marketing team helps businesses learn about Square and engage with our ecosystem of products and services. We aim to acquire new businesses through end-to-end marketing channel acquisition, as well as via our sales team. As our EU Head of Growth Marketing, you'll help ensure we achieve our full business potential. Reporting directly to our EU Head of Marketing, you will develop and lead the strategy for growth marketing across numerous channels to maximise performance in key lower funnel metrics such as acquisition/conversion, new seller quality and lead generation. You'll lead a team across several high growth and metrics-focused disciplines, such as performance marketing and lead generation, and partner with a number of teams within and beyond marketing (including Product Marketing, SEO, Creative etc.) to achieve our goals.
- Lead and set the agenda for an ambitious and growing growth marketing team.
- Be an entrepreneurial and visionary growth marketing lead…..sparking ideas around new initiatives/experiments/pilots and process improvement.
- Place high priority on people development and career growth for your team.
- Evolve us to a more "full funnel" way of attracting, acquiring, growing and retaining sellers based on strong understanding of the user journey. This means deep collaboration with cross-functional teams such as brand marketing, web development, product teams and others to ensure our paid and owned channels are cohesive, connected and optimised.
- Understand what's happening within our broader business and how our marketing efforts contribute to this, socialising insights to help further shape strategy.
- Manage our investments and actions in channels such as performance marketing and lead generation to maximise our growth.Work with our Brand and Analytics teams to better understand how lower and upper funnel marketing activities are connected and influence each other.
- Help evolve our thinking around performance indicators and benchmarks, working with our Global Analytics team to improve the fidelity and value of our performance reporting.
- 8+ years of experience in growth marketing disciplines including in paid performance marketing and lead generation.
- People management experience and a passion for developing diverse, motivated and high-performing teams.
- An understanding of how to use platform-specific creative to optimise different channels.
- Experience with marketing tactics and data...from search to paid social to data-driven display advertising. Knowledge of other performance marketing and lead generation channels such as affiliate marketing, direct mail and video also welcomed.
- Proficiency with quantitative and data visualisation tools (e.g. Excel, Looker, Tableau, etc.) to understand and share how performance marketing contributes to business growth.
- Experience working with marketing measurement methods and tools, including multi-touch attribution, incrementality testing, A/B testing, and beyond.
- Excellence in project management. There will be many concurrent and high velocity work streams. Proactive management and communication.
- Experience with landing page and broader website content testing. Website analytics know-how is also helpful.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.