Capital Markets Data Analyst
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
As a member of the Capital Markets team, you will play a key role in supporting the strategic planning and capital markets needs of the various lending businesses within Block. Block has lending vertices that serve small businesses and vertices that serve consumers. Included are more developed products like Square Loans to small business and Afterpay receivables to consumers as well as newer products in development like CashApp Borrow, Term Loans and Advances to International Square sellers.
You will work with other members of the Capital Markets and Treasury team on funding strategies for Block's various lending products. You will understand the data and performance of the lending products and creating models to simulate base and stress scenarios used to structure and execute financing structures with prospective investors. You will also work with our Credit Risk, Data Science and Engineering teams to develop analytical tools for ongoing portfolio management.
You should have experience with asset backed financing solutions such as whole loan sales, warehouse facilities and securitizations. You should also have experience managing investor and other third-party operations and analyzing large datasets.
- Structure and operationalize new funding structures and strategies including but not limited to forward flow arrangements, warehouse and other leverage facilities and securitizations
- Establish relationships and coordinate with institutional investors and leverage providers throughout the due diligence, onboarding and ongoing portfolio management phases
- Understand and analyze the large data sets to develop insights related to loan performance and portfolio stratifications
- Develop dashboards and reporting to track and monitor portfolio performance metrics and adherence to contractual requirements
- Collaborate with Block Credit, Risk, Treasury, Investor Relations and Finance & Strategy teams to support Capital Markets initiatives
- A Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience in data analytics and structured finance (FinTech experience is a plus)
- Experience managing credit portfolios at a lending platform, bank, fund, asset manager or rating agency
- Experience with asset backed financing solutions such as whole loan sales, warehouse facilities and securitizations
- Ability to analyze large datasets and provide data insights
- Advanced SQL experience (Python, VBA, and data visualization is a plus)
- Experience with building dashboards (Looker/Tableau) and other automated reports
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate efficiently with internal and external stakeholders
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.