Product Communications Manager
- NYC, New York, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square's Communications team shares with the world how Square empowers businesses of all types and sizes with powerful and elegant solutions to help them start, run, and grow. We are looking for a Product Communications Manager to help us drive awareness and strategic narratives for Square's Commerce capabilities, and the many ways in which we enable sellers to build omnichannel commerce solutions that let them reach buyers everywhere. In this role, you will tell stories, launch products, and drive narratives about Square's Commerce products for merchants, such as Square Point of Sale for in-person sales, Square Online for e-commerce, and/or our vertical points of sale which serve restaurants, retailers, and professional services businesses. This role reports to the Head of Business & Product Communications for Square and is based in the US, working on a distributed team with the option to work remotely.
- Create and execute communications programs that build awareness of our commerce products, showcase our customers, and highlight our technology, including leading launches and announcements and crafting proactive campaigns.
- Manage the internal relationships and external perceptions for several commerce products within Square's ecosystem, with room for growth over time.
- Own executive communications for product leaders, including media briefings and spokesperson training.
- Develop and maintain reporter relationships across national, local, business, tech, and vertical publications to drive well-informed coverage and keep Square and its solutions continually top of mind.
- Craft compelling and-well written materials, including press releases, data reports, briefing documents, communications plans and FAQs, blog posts, and other collateral.
- Work cross-functionally with many teams inside Square, including marketing, investor relations, legal, government relations, product, design, internal communications, and others, as well as within our parent company Block.
- 4+ years relevant work experience at either a PR agency or on an in-house communications team, including previous communications experience with a B2B technology company and/or financial services company.
- Bonus points if you've worked at a company in the same industry as any of Square's products (such as ecommerce, restaurant tech, business banking & lending, beauty tech & appointment booking, payroll, etc.)
- A knack for uncovering stories, data, and other insights that can drive coverage and advance company narratives in the down-cycles between product launches or announcements.
- Media relations skills that have driven coverage in national, local, business, tech, and vertical publications.
- Ability to flex between working on projects solo and as part of a team.
- Affinity for building partnerships with key internal stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- A desire to help further our mission of economic empowerment through impactful storytelling.
- An appreciation of the Oxford comma.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.