Head of Design - Health
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We are looking for a Head of Design - Health to lead and manage a team of multifaceted designers focused on maximizing trust and expanding access to the Cash App ecosystem. Our teams help every customer feel safe and supported by setting a higher experience bar for how we increase account security, verify identities, handle bad activity, and provide helpful customer support.
You will lead product designers and managers across the five work streams within Health. You will join the leadership group responsible for the Health product development organization.
As the Head of Design - Health, you will recruit a team of accomplished creatives, promote an environment for creativity and growth, facilitate connections across teams and disciplines, influence the product vision at multiple altitudes and drive positive customer and business results.
- Lead and scale a distributed design team, inclusive of Product Designers and Design Managers
- Guide the careers and development of your team, ensuring the amplification and growth of team members, including managers
- Bring comfort and expertise in technical environments, including knowledge of the mobile client-side development process
- Develop deep partnerships across our business to effectively speak to design processes, design goals, and deliver user insights that inform product and go-to-market decisions
- Play an important role in strategic planning efforts to understand and bridge our priorities with Design investment and output
- Contribute to Design team culture and take ownership for I&D efforts
- Experience as an influential design leader who delivers impactful, strategic work that moves a business forward
- Experience managing talent and cultivating career growth
- A keen systematic and visual eye, and an understanding of how to use creativity to meet team goals
- Experience collaborating with leadership to inform product development processes and an understanding of how to solve product challenges across platforms
- Multiple examples of shipping successful high quality, end-to-end experiences or products
- Extensive industry experience with a proven track record of scaling product design teams
- Bias towards action with a high degree of self-sufficiency and ability to influence up and across disciplines
- Keen interest in innovating within complex problem spaces that do not have inspiring industry standards.
- An understanding of performance marketing and brand marketing strategies
- A clear point of view on design direction, an openness to new ideas and a bias for transparency and communication
- Empathy for the customer, your teammates, and our mission
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.