Engineering Manager, App Experience
- San Francisco, CA, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
As an Engineering Manager on Afterpay’s App Experience team, you will lead and grow a team focused on initiatives that will engage & delight millions of users around the world while creating value for our merchants and Afterpay’s business.
The App Experience team focuses on exploring new capabilities within the Afterpay mobile app. These tend to be complex experiences that touch multiple areas and teams, with the expectation to create new revenue to the business.
We believe engineering management is a craft worthy of mastery, and we’re looking for an engineering leader who shares our passion for building impactful teams, products, and businesses.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Ensure the team is consistently delivering working software to our expected standards
- Actively participate in the development and maintenance of Afterpay standards for software development, testing, release management and reviews
- Technical ownership of the work that your team is delivering within each iteration or standalone deliverable
- Shared responsibility for architecture of the system
- Proactively supporting your team members to achieve their performance and development goals
- Ensure the team is collaborating closely with our cross-functional teams consisting of designers, product managers, engineers, and QA in an agile, fast-paced environment
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years experience of engineering leadership experience, including managing managers
- 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer, building and maintaining internet applications
- Strong architecture design experience/skills for consumer-facing applications and large scale distributed systems
- Passionate about coaching and people development
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Passionate about adding to and growing an organization’s engineering culture
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources