Interactive Designer, Square Creative
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omni channel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
**For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio**
As a Digital Designer at Square on the Marketing Creative team, you will create beautiful and engaging experiences for the web. You'll find simplicity, structure, and meaning in a complex and ever-evolving product ecosystem of software and hardware. On a daily basis, you'll collaborate with front-end engineers, production designers, copywriters, creative leadership, Globalization, and marketing. You'll contribute to the success of marketing strategy, and be able to work with brand, marketing, and product teams to create the best interactive experiences for our sellers around the world. You will report to the Digital Lead on the Creative team within Global Marketing.
- Demonstrate an expertise in typography, composition, layout, and motion design in the solutions you create.
- Consider the holistic user journey across any brand touch points you create.
- Juggle a mix or large and small projects, often with overlapping priority and urgency.
- Ship quickly, find new efficiencies, and keep an eye on the small stuff. You write things down for next time, and make it work.
- Around 5 years of professional design experience
- A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership
- Working knowledge of prototyping tools, and a foundational understanding of motion principles for web
- Familiarity with best practices and protocols for web usability and testing
- Clear articulation on high-level team goals and can connect your work to larger team or company programs
- Experience translating marketing strategies into interactive web pages
- Knowledge on how to iterate quickly and communicate ideas across multiple levels of fidelity, with the ability to receive feedback constructively and provide feedback onto others' work.
- A collaborative design process, starting with content strategy, visual concepting, and wire framing, all the way through design execution.
- Experience designing at a systems level, where components can be built to scale and optimized across different screen sizes and devices.
- An eagerness to share (and document) your knowledge and perspective with your peers.
- An interest in revisiting optimizations for web page designs based on testing
- Clarity around your ideas and work with your direct team and other teams
- Experience designing assets for multiple languages/locales.
- Animation experience (AfterEffects, Lottie, Adobe Animate, Flash).
- Markdown, HTML / CSS.
- Experience building pages in a CMS.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.