Visual Designer, Performance Marketing
- Atlanta, Georgia, us
- Employees can work remotely
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
- For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio**
Square is looking for a visual designer to join our performance marketing team. You will have prior experience working at an agency or in-house, on growth or performance channels like direct mail, banners, social videos, and landing pages.
As a Designer on the Performance Marketing team, your responsibilities will include understanding and building upon primary design principles (typography, layout, information architecture, and visual hierarchy), while improving existing conventions such as frameworks, design systems, guidelines, and templates. You will work with a range of disciplines including copy, design, motion, video, print and strategy. You'll partner with producers, art directors, production artists, strategists and more. The idea of being in a rapid moving, creative and inclusive space excites you. You have a team-first mentality and are eager to step in to help or learn new skills. You will report to the Associate Creative Director.
- Understand and build upon primary design principles (e.g. typography, layout, information architecture, and visual hierarchy)
- Improve existing conventions such as frameworks, design systems, guidelines, and templates
- Create compelling visuals that inspires action and performance
- Collaborate with an experienced group of writers, production artists, producers, creative strategists, and performance marketers
- Adapt to last minute asks or changing requirements or timelines
- 3+ years of experience working on brands with broad/diverse audiences
- Specific background or interest working in performance marketing creative—experience in some combination of direct mail, animated banners, paid social videos, campaign landing pages, and static ads.
- Excellent aesthetic and design skills with attention for detail
- Top tier planning capabilities and superb organization around deadlines
- Detailed execution with an adjustable approach
- Capability to push a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- Knowledge of coding or animation
- Video or photography experience
- Knowledge of banking tools and financial products
- Hybrid of marketing and product environments
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.