- Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Content & Web team is an organic growth engine and a center of excellence for digital experiences and content strategy at Square. We are looking for a strategic and experienced web strategist to join our team. As the first web strategist on the team, you will be creative and balance prioritization of near-term growth, while building the web strategy practice with a long-term view.
You will work with peers to create and optimize compelling, effective, and innovative digital experiences that result in impactful experiences for our sellers and growth of the business. This includes partnering with our Seller Experiences team to contribute to work streams across core web pages like the homepages and pricing pages. It also includes leading work within the Content & Web team — from testing and optimization of our content hub to development of organic growth projects like calculators and other interactive tools.
Across projects, you will ensure marketing and business goals are met through our web properties — managing and driving success metrics for the most impactful areas of Squareup.com. You'll do this through a data-driven process; quantitative and qualitative. You will use data analytics, personalization strategies, analytic tools, and automation to help increase demand and strengthen the position of our brand.
You will work with International Marketing, Communications, Brand, Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Seller Experience, and Creative to build and improve web experiences.
- Drive web strategy for the Marketing team, defining goals, objectives and KPIs
- Gather and distribute best practices based on web tests run across the marketing department
- Collaborate with teams to ensure that web initiatives are developed and implemented with an eye towards marketing performance and conversion, while remaining true to Squares brand promise
- Contribute to the strategy and optimization of our core website pages with our Seller Experience team
- Drive web strategy, production, and optimization of the Content & Web team's digital properties while working with teams like SEO on insights
- Manage individual web commitments, including assessment of how/why we are hitting or missing projection and guiding actions to address performance
- Understand basic technical requirements and assist with quality assurance, ensuring consistency of customer experience
- Partner with Analytics and Experimentation to communicate web redesign/test results and possible effects
- Work with Insights to lead customer-based research requirements
- Employ outside-in perspective with regular user testing, voice of the customer research to inform design solutions and iterative optimization
- Use analytics to manage performance and identify traffic patterns to improve conversion
- Develop requirements necessary to deliver the solution and work with technical resources on scope necessary to provide solutions (MVP, trade-offs, balance short- and long-term)
- 4-6+ years of experience in marketing with an understanding of web standards and optimization
- Experience identifying target audiences and building website experiences that inform and motivate users to encourage them to move through the funnel
- Experience optimizing and testing websites, landing pages, and the user funnel with a expertise in conversion rate optimization
- Knowledge of web analytics and goal setting
- Working knowledge of front-end and back-end web development and the design limitations and capabilities of both
- Knowledge of best practices for modern B2B websites
- Demonstrated knowledge of SEO fundamentals and how they interplay with website technology, architecture, and content
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.