Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Block is looking for an experienced Senior Financial Reporting Analyst with a primary focus on international reporting. This position, reporting to the Manager of International & Regulatory Financial Reporting, will prepare the external domestic (US GAAP) and international (IFRS) statutory audits, and regulatory reporting requirements for Block.
This position can be based in any US Block office or full-time remote from any US state with the exception of Alaska.
- Coordinate, prepare, and review annual statutory financial statements for multiple international entities applying local GAAP / IFRS accounting guidance
- Coordinate, prepare, and review annual statutory financial statements for each of our domestic entities applying US GAAP
- Collaborate with external auditors and other teams such as accounting, tax, legal, etc
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements for state money-transmitter and capital licensing filings for each of the states Block operates in (over 48 states/filings)
- Prepare quarterly financial Board materials for multiple international entities
- Prepare different census data reports - this encompasses reporting to several government authorities such as the Department of Commerce, US Census Bureau and requires certain financial information, statistics, etc.
- Help with quarterly and annual ad-hoc regulatory reporting requirements
- Help with special projects, technical accounting projects, and application of new accounting guidelines
- Over time, insource financial statement deliverables that are currently outsourced
- Familiarity with US GAAP, IFRS, and international local GAAP reporting standards
- 4 or more years of financial reporting/accounting experience working with large public multinational companies
- 2+ years of public accounting experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Familiarity with Oraclecloud, Hyperion/ Essbase, Blackline and Workiva
- Experience interpreting new IFRS and FASB guidance
- Comfortable managing conflicting deadlines and working in a fast paced environment
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.