Head of Global Marketing Operations
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We're looking for a Head of Global Marketing Operations who will be an exceptional addition to our Marketing team. This is a robust role that oversees budget strategy and management, business and team operations, strategic frameworks, and project management. You will collaborate with marketing leaders to ensure the Global Marketing team has the tools, processes, and other resources to run effectively and efficiently. With our goals in mind, you will empower teams to make strategic decisions by providing key insights and recommendations derived from budget and headcount strategy, building frameworks to ease business operations and aid in decision making, and drive our quarterly prioritization work stream. We are a transparent organization and you will provide clear and consistent communication with our stakeholders on marketing programs and their status, and solicit feedback to enable continuous improvement. You are responsive, action-oriented, and committed to improving operational efficiencies across the Global Marketing team. The ability to form strong relationships and build empathy with functional experts is key.
- Partner with our Finance & Strategy team to manage budget and find new and improved ways for tracking, prioritizing, and measuring budget
- Partner with the Marketing Leadership team to inform investment strategy, optimizing spend across marketing teams and driving incremental funding requests
- Improve budget data integrity and reporting, providing reports to key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Turn Annual Plan commitments into a prioritized annual roadmap for Marketing teams, enabling the teams to meet or exceed goals.
- Manage and execute Global Marketing's Quarterly Prioritization Process, helping teams align priorities and drive accountability for key initiatives
- Manage the Global Marketing team's operating model, evolving it as the team grows and needs change
- Develop, maintain, and update frameworks to help the teams work seamlessly together, reduce duplicative work, and promote productivity.
- Work closely with key stakeholders across Square (including Product teams, Legal, Accounting, Finance Operations, and Procurement) to define key initiatives and drive them through execution
- Identify and onboard new tools to automate processes and drive team efficiency
- Onboard key vendors and partners and negotiate contracts on behalf of Marketing team
- Build our project and program management function to be a larger and impactful part of our organization
- Oversee the new employee onboarding and learning and development programs
- Ensure communication of priorities, projects/programs, and results to leadership and the larger team
- Own strategic initiatives across the Global Marketing team to ensure execution tracks against timelines, as well as unblocking progress through actionable next steps
- Identify and define new opportunities, key initiatives, and operations gaps and take on as strategic projects
- 10+ years experience leading marketing operations or strategy in a high growth company
- Data-driven marketing strategy, planning, budget allocation and organization alignment experience
- Strong analytical skills to deliver insights to improve performance
- Demonstrated experience of analyzing and improving marketing funnels and conversion rates
- Prior experience leading cross-functional, strategic initiatives
- Excellent communication capabilities, written and verbal
- Strong bias to action and willingness to multi-task
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.