Product Manager, Square Loans: U.S. Loans Growth
- San Francisco, California, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We are working to make financing easier and fair for all businesses. As a key product leader on Square Banking, your work will help millions of small businesses grow their business and manage their cash flow.
Since beginning operations, Square Loans has facilitated more than $9 billion in small business loans and Paycheck Protection Program loans to more than 460,000 Square sellers, with an average loan size of $6,750. These numbers highlight Square’s ability to reach and serve small businesses that have been traditionally underserved by existing lending options. As the PM responsible for the US Loans Growth, you will be responsible for growing our core product. As Product Manager, you will be responsible for driving product initiatives from inception through execution. In this role you will collaborate closely with engineers, data scientists, operations, designers, capital markets, and other cross-functional team members to ensure that our cash flow products amaze and delight sellers.
- Own the adoption and usage of US Square Loans
- Partner closely with Product Marketing and Design to understand the financing needs of our sellers, and take an experimentation mindset in reflecting that in the seller experience until their loan has been financed
- Closely collaborate with Underwriting data science and the finance team to understand the financial elements (pricing, investor sales, overall revenue) of loans and product decisions
- Deeply understand the jobs-to-be-done of our sellers through qualitative and quantitative research, and champion their needs within Block
- Drive the product roadmap and execute the delivery timelines for the work required to provide remarkable experiences for our sellers and grow the business
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Block in order to align intent, resources, and prioritization
- Operate cross-functionally and build strong partnerships both within Block and with external vendors to deliver excellent products and services
- Foster an environment that enables the team to execute quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality
- Manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning, execution and launch
- 8+ years of experience in product management
- Analytical skills: You have a data-driven learning style and use quantitative information to make product decisions
- Experimental mindset: You like to test and learn in a way that incorporates both customer needs as well as data
- Results: Proven track record of shipping simple, elegant user-facing products
- Collaborative approach: Delivers results with cross-functional teams, and partners with and empowers team members appropriately
- Customer-centric: Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Strategic: Experience developing and driving key strategies that shaped an organization
- Efficiency: Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You're a self-starter with flexible skills
- Credit domain expertise: with small business financing or other financial products
- Excitement: You’re passionate about Square’s mission and new technology
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.