Liaison to the Board of Directors & Executive Assistant
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Block is looking for someone to join our Executive Operations team, supporting our top executives, their teams, and our Board of Directors. Our Executive Assistants are the strategic partners who hold everything together - from calendaring and travel, to reporting processes and team support, you will participate in confidential efforts to support our programs. The Block Executive Operations team is a centralized organization where, as one of our EAs, you will report to an EA Manager. We are looking for someone who has a natural passion for learning and people development, enjoys taking on new tasks and projects, and who executes at a high level in an energetic and human-centric environment.
As the BOD Liaison, you will:
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of in-person and virtual Executive Committee and Board meetings, dinners, retreats and other gatherings. This includes coordinating agenda requirements, preparing and distributing Board materials, and managing all meeting logistics alongside the BOD support team.
- Maintain Board calendar including establishing and communicating meeting dates, coordinating with all Director EA's to ensure appropriate execution of travel logistics, and coordination with all other teams that support Board schedules and deliverables.
- Partner with the Corporate Secretary and Chief Legal Officer to manage outreach to Board members with regards to sign on letters, RSVPs for meetings and events, membership on committees and subcommittees, and other Board communication.
- Be a trusted resource for all Directors, Committee members and Block team members on Board matters.
- Manage communication between Block and all Directors with regards to requests for Director participation at internal events.
- Maintain confidential information for all Board and Committee Members.
As an Executive Assistant, you will:
- Provide administrative and strategic support to the Lead of our Corporate Legal and Securities Team. Responsibilities include managing calendar, monthly expense reconciliation, domestic and international travel and event planning.
- Be the executive's right hand by attending important meetings, taking notes, scoping and managing special projects, and being an active participant and knowledgeable resource, while ensuring executive preparation and effectiveness.
- Find new and efficient ways to create work processes to help maximize your executives' time, including weekly and quarterly reporting, goal-tracking, and team meetings
- Foster healthy relationships with your team and partners, to support team programs and goals.
- Work within our centralized Executive Operations team to provide support, mentorship, and guidance to enhance the team as a whole.
- 7+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Business Partner, or similar role. Experience managing coordination for a private or public Board of Directors is ideal.
- The ability to organize, analyze, and prioritize executive workflows, often applying and interpreting data.
- Resourceful, with the ability to work quickly across a large organization.
- Full proficiency with Google Suite, including Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides.
- The ability to participate in quarterly domestic travel (as needed).
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.