Income Tax Compliance Senior Manager
- Seattle, Washington, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Block is looking for an Income Tax Compliance Manager to join our growing tax team. You will report to our Tax Compliance Lead and be a part of the Income Tax function and will help manage all income tax compliance matters affecting our business, which includes:
- Manage Block's income tax compliance and reporting obligations including quantitative support, qualitative analysis, and preparation and review of the U.S. and non-U.S. income tax returns
- Monitor changes in U.S. and and non-U.S. tax law to ensure income tax implications are considered
- Partner with tax, accounting, and finance functions within Block, as well as, outside service providers
- Coordinate responses to information requests from local tax authorities
- Contribute to the transformation of the income tax function to grow for growth, which includes tax technology adoption, process simplification and standardization, and the use of data and technology
- Help with the Quarterly Close process
- Provide support to several business and tax projects
- 10+ years of combined public accounting and in-house income tax experience
- You have a minimum education level of Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Project management and planning experience
- You have while emphasizing the importance of working as a team and upholding individual responsibilities.
- Knowledge of U.S. tax law and regulations Working knowledge of the U.S. GAAP and ASC 740 concepts
- You have a solid accounting and tax background
- You are adoptable and flexible with changes
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.