Global Product Marketing Lead, Square Banking
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We're looking for an experienced and strategic leader to manage the Product Marketing team for Square Banking's deposit products, Square Checking and Square Savings, and Square Transfers. This PMM team is responsible for driving business growth by informing product positioning and strategy, defining marketing and full-funnel growth strategies, and collaborating with multiple internal teams to ensure the right customers are getting the right messages, through the right channels at the right time. As the team lead, you'll play a key role in setting the team's vision and strategy, driving global expansion and growth strategy, and building and developing product marketers to accomplish our business goals. You will also partner within and across the organization to promote ecosystem portfolio strategies, ensuring scale in our operating model and processes. You will report to the Head of Product Marketing, Banking.
- Oversee the global growth of Square Checking & Debit Card and Square Savings, along with Square Transfers with responsibility for achieving business metrics and revenue growth in both self-serve and Sales and Account Management-assisted channels with a team of product marketing managers.
- Build, mentor, and inspire a team of 4-6 product marketing managers, made up of primarily generalist IC product marketers.
- Establish a team strategy to ensure each PMM is set-up for success as they develop individual plans in support of the broader portfolio and business goals.
- Oversee the team's development of annual and quarterly plans that increase growth across the customer lifecycle, and ensure tactics are high-impact, high-quality and produce meaningful results or learning with an experimentation-first approach.
- Define the product growth and positioning strategy, go-to-market strategy, and develop frameworks to guide the strategic positioning of our products in existing and new markets.
- Identify new opportunities to help sellers save, build wealth, and manage cash flow to inform new product development, positioning, and product-market fit.
- Manage the operating expense budget across the product portfolio.
- Build cross-functional relationships throughout the company to help unify our ecosystem narrative, amplify our strategy, and build more integrated messaging.
- Partner with Sales, Account Management, and Customer Success to create a holistic approach to training and enablement, onboarding, and ongoing customer engagement.
- Develop and iterate on processes that enable collaborative work and transparency across functions within Banking and throughout the Square ecosystem.
- Ensure that the voice of the customer is always represented in every customer product and marketing experience
- BA/BS degree; MBA a plus
- 8+ years marketing, product marketing, growth, and lifecycle marketing, or related professional experience
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience designing go-to-market strategies for product launches.
- Strong quantitative ability, and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort in a face-paced, start-up environment
- Previous background in B2B marketing
- Experience in FinTech, lending, or financial services a plus
- Spanish language capability a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.