Product Manager, International
- Barcelona, B, Spain
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay (known as Clearpay in the UK & EU) has millions of active customers and is offered by the world’s best retailers around the world including Boohoo, ASOS, Marks & Spencer, JD Sports and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
Afterpay has recently been acquired by Block Inc. Block is made up of Square, Afterpay, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL and TBD. One company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment.
Afterpay is looking for a Product Manager to join the International team whose purpose is to create a global network effect and drive Afterpay's expansion strategy.
As a Product Manager, you will own a large aspect of our global expansion strategy, reporting to the Group Product Manager, International Expansion. To accomplish your goals, you'll work directly within a dedicated multidisciplinary global development team (Engineering, Design, Operations and Data Science) as well as cross-functionally with colleagues in Sales, Operations, Marketing, Brand, Legal, Finance, and other Product areas. You'll partner closely with our executive leadership to successfully build experiences that our customers will love and establish Afterpay as a leading global commerce platform.
- Develop a deep understanding of regional dynamics that impact specific product requirements to enable existing Afterpay products to be offered in international markets.
- Lead the product development work of a dedicated engineering and design team (e.g., ideation, scoping, product roadmap, sprint planning, prioritization, etc.).
- Identify significant opportunities, and drive product vision, strategies and roadmaps in the context of broader organizational goals and new market dynamics.
- Drive data informed decision-making and solution localization through user insights, market research, quantitative analysis and AB testing.
- Collaborate and build strong partnerships with your peers across Afterpay to solve challenging multi-disciplined problems that accompany building products for new markets.
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Afterpay in order to align resources and prioritization.
- Lead and motivate a team of engineers and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- 4+ years of product management or related experience.
- Track record of impact - you've been in the trenches and have experience driving significant, company-wide impact
- "Customer obsession" product instinct with experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer and business needs.
- A hunger to tackle complicated and impactful product & business problems
- Experience driving complex, cross-functional product initiatives in a successful way
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and logical structuring abilities
- Fluent English level
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.