- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
Cash App is looking for a strategic, creative, and results-oriented Brand Lead to street the development of one of our most rapidly growing product verticals. Building and expanding an enduring, engaging, and differentiated brand for Cash App’s suite of products is a critical ingredient for our long-term success. In this role, you will work closely with our Product, Creative, Brand, and Business teams to achieve Cash App’s shared brand and overall Marketing objectives.
As one of our Brand Leads, you will spearhead all marketing initiatives intended to drive brand recognition and favorability within our suite of products. As an influential leader and strong brand marketer, you will be responsible for building a strategic vision and manage the go-to-market strategy for campaigns that leverage a variety of owned, earned and paid channels including social, digital, editorial, web, events and sponsorships. You will partner closely with creative directors and marketing channel leads to deliver GTM plans tailored to specific goals. You will forge strong relations with our product and product marketing teams to help transform shared goals into brand marketing programs that span across all channels, including experimental endeavors and experiential activations. You will measure, analyze, and optimize campaign performance and bring new and innovative brand GTM tactics into the fold.
- Develop and drive the go-to-market brand strategy for Cash App’s sub-brands
- Build and expand upon Cash App’s enduring, engaging, and differentiated brand for our evolving suite of products
- Own our vertical specific marketing budget, including oversight of existing spend, business cases for incremental spend and reporting on the impact of investment
- Lead brand campaign development and coordination, driving targeted strategies and messaging across audiences, channels, and cross-functional teams
- Lead our brand positioning, along with a complementary channel strategy (in coordination with Channel Leads) that continuously raises the bar on both awareness and consideration
- Build and grow a strong brand that appeals to all demographics, designed to aid with overall product awareness, familiarity, and usage
- Build and maintain relationships with key thought leaders in the banking space
- Regularly interface with executive leadership, product, and creative to gain buy-in on brand and marketing strategies
- 7+ years of experience in brand or growth marketing
- Deep understanding of the banking space and evolving landscape
- A strong track record of spearheading launches and marketing campaigns that drove significant business results
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and influence at all levels
- Formidable creative narrative and story-telling skills to position Cash App as a leader in the financial services space
- Understanding of money, what it is, and how it’s changing
- An appetite to experiment and use non-traditional marketing tactics, backed up by testing measurable and scalable programs that you’ll optimize and launch based on learnings
- Highly collaborative leadership skills and a proven ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams to meet common goals and objectives
- Proven track record of delivering results & ability to manage a portfolio/make strategic choices to maximize impact
- Project management, prioritization skills & ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of development
- A self-starter with ability to work with a high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional project & time management skills
- Strong execution, communication & strategic thinking skills, business savvy and an opportunity seeker
- Ability to anticipate issues and resolve them based on sound business judgment
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.