Engineering Manager, App Experience
- Seattle, WA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
As an Engineering Manager on Afterpay’s App Experience team, you will lead and grow a team focused on initiatives that will engage & delight millions of users around the world while creating value for our merchants and Afterpay’s business.
The App Experience team focuses on exploring new capabilities within the Afterpay mobile app. These tend to be complex experiences that touch multiple areas and teams, with the expectation to create new revenue to the business.
We believe engineering management is a craft worthy of mastery, and we’re looking for an engineering leader who shares our passion for building impactful teams, products, and businesses.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Ensure the team is consistently delivering working software to our expected standards
- Actively participate in the development and maintenance of Afterpay standards for software development, testing, release management and reviews
- Technical ownership of the work that your team is delivering within each iteration or standalone deliverable
- Shared responsibility for architecture of the system
- Proactively supporting your team members to achieve their performance and development goals
- Ensure the team is collaborating closely with our cross-functional teams consisting of designers, product managers, engineers, and QA in an agile, fast-paced environment
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years experience of engineering leadership experience, including managing managers
- 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer, building and maintaining internet applications
- Strong architecture design experience/skills for consumer-facing applications and large scale distributed systems
- Passionate about coaching and people development
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Passionate about adding to and growing an organization’s engineering culture
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.