Lead DevOps Engineer - AWS, Kubernetes
- Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Risk and Data Science team here at Afterpay is delivering data science solutions that enable data driven insights for customers and commercial outcomes. We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join and be an advocate for Cloud Native Architecture and DevOps best practices to enable this team to achieve operational excellence.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our embedded DevOps team, which is dedicated to enable the Risk and Data Science team members in managing and accessing cloud infrastructure and software development automation at ease.
- Maintain infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) using infrastructure as code frameworks such as Terraform, AWS SDK and CloudFormation.
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines in Buildkite
- Build ETL/ELT solutions for large scale data pipelines within AWS Cloud
- Expand and increase data platform capabilities to resolve new data problems and challenges by identifying, sourcing and integrating new data.
- Deploy Kubernetes platform in AWS EKS (Managed Kubernetes Service) and assist the Product Team in solution design, configuring Helm charts, migrating environment variables and secrets from non-AWS sources.
You will have:
- Solid experience with public cloud platforms - AWS preferred
- Strong understanding of how to build infrastructure as a code and experience with Terraform, CloudFormation or AWS CDK
- Demonstrated commercial experience working with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Hands on experience in building and managing Apache Cassandra database and Apache Airflow Service cluster
- Experience in designing and refining robust Machine Learning operations and utilizing SageMaker
Bonus Points for:
Experience in Apache Flink
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.