- New York, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Founded seven years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As a Senior Technical Account Manager, you will use your engineering & communication skills to provide timely support to Afterpay’s largest and most strategic merchants.
We are looking for someone who can bring their experience to Afterpay, to lead a global team, that provides the best possible service, and innovative solutions, to our merchants.
What You'll Do
- Lead the technical relationships for our most important merchants
- Build and manage a global process for technical account management, including setting and honoring SLAs.
- Build best practices and global standards for reactive support and proactive outreach for scheduled maintenance
- Monitor internal communication channels (e.g. Slack, email, Jira) via automated and manual processes/workflows to detect and triage issues
- Own merchant technical issues to resolution, including initial diagnosis, troubleshooting, and escalating to the appropriate internal teams
- Create merchant-facing content in order to reduce and resolve common merchant queries
- Work cross-functionally with our sales, engineering, and merchant partners as part of a larger effort to support merchants using Afterpay
- Drive new product adoption with merchant partners, including new features and pilots
- Foster long-term merchant relationships that grow loyalty to Afterpay and Block products
- Work closely with our technical operations teams to provide merchants with quick and clear communications regarding service outages and future scheduled maintenance (RCA’s)
- Assist the delivery teams to ensure a smooth onboarding process for merchants by helping to resolve any technical roadblocks that may arise during the implementation process.
- Handle post-launch hand-off from delivery managers and join calls with new merchants to detail the process for technical support once live
- Build out technical reporting in order to proactively monitor the health of our largest merchants
- Reduce merchants' risk and improve our shared customer experience by actively working with them to identify problematic technical approaches
- Occasionally conduct training to upskill cross-functional team members including partner success sales.
- You enjoy providing a high-touch user experience, talking about technical concepts, have great analytical skills, and will be comfortable explaining how Afterpay works to our largest and most complex merchants
- Familiar with APIs and able to explain API concepts to Afterpay’s largest and most technical customers
- Familiar with SQL and is comfortable building basic queries and modifying more complex ones (using SQL in current or previous role/s)
- Previous experience working with eCommerce, Order Management Systems, and Payments
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools such as Splunk, Sumo Logic, New Relic, Amplitude
- Able to lead complex technical conversations in a highly consultative and proactive manner
- Comfortable interfacing with technical teams and non-technical teams
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.