Product Manager, Machine Learning Platform
- New York, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
The Machine Learning Platform team builds and maintains infrastructure and tools to help Block teams use AI/ML in their applications and provide automated real-time decisions. As a Product Manager on our Machine Learning Platform team, you will develop the strategy, set the roadmap, and determine the requirements - in collaboration with data science, machine learning, engineering, and our team members - to create an internal platform that supports our mission of economic empowerment. You will work directly with our outstanding Machine Learning Platform engineers, report to the Product Lead for Data & ML, and work with product managers across our Platform Infrastructure Engineering team.
- Identify opportunities to promote the speed and experience of using AI/ML across Block
- Establish and document goals and product requirements for product plans
- Develop an understanding of and empathy for internal teams at Block with regard to the types of AI/ML they use and their software development processes
- Partner with Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers on technical projects while working across teams to bring new value to our internal teams
- Create and guide a product roadmap, promote it across Block and, in collaboration with engineering partners, prioritize and lead the end-to-end success of projects from discovery through launch
- Represent the Machine Learning Platform team with partners, senior company leaders, and important stakeholders across the company to align resources and prioritize strategic programs
- You have 5+ years of experience in product management
- You have a passion for building internal products and platforms
- You have experience building AI/ML or data products with an ability to drive product roadmaps, development, and launch
- You can understand technical subjects and new technologies
- You can provide direction and rally a team on the highest priority problems to solve
- You can advocate for collaborative solutions with a diverse group of partners
- You can write and present with brevity and clarity, and can communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences effectively
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.