People Strategy and Planning Lead
- Oakland, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
We're looking for an experienced People Strategy and Planning lead to enable Block's people strategy. They will design and lead the long-term planning process, build the team's planning capability, and will ensure excellence in the execution of key People team initiatives. The People Strategy Lead must be an active thought partner and consultant to senior leadership working continuously to align leadership through cross-functional influence.This role requires not only strategy development, program design, facilitation and change management experience, but lead and develop your team of direct reports. Building strong relationships and engagement with key cross-functional partners across the business is key. The People Strategy and Planning Lead uses, collaboration, and stakeholder management to: create a roadmap for the people team vision and priorities, drive solutions, and facilitate change.
- Build a planning capability that prioritizes investments and initiatives that align resources as business dynamics shift.
- Partner with program owners to design solutions and drive solution delivery from concept through execution.
- Provide an objective perspective and decision support through data collection, and information analysis.
- Enhance productivity and scalable execution within the People team
- Track high priority People team initiatives by identifying obstacles, coming up with risk mitigation strategies and building strong partnership and engagement with important partners to ensure alignment and progress on initiatives
- Create and improve processes such that we operate effectively and efficiently, including building decision-making frameworks, templates, etc.
- Train your team into internal consultants and project managers who can promote a wide array of people team projects, directly managing the most complex projects while also coordinating efforts across the broader People team
- 8+ years of experience in business strategy and operations and strategy consulting
- Experience working directly with management and people at all levels, including executive and C-suite level
- Experience managing multiple initiatives with competing timelines and shifting priorities
- Expertise in managing confidential and private information
- Experience motivating and inspiring team members
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.