Sr. Product Manager, Square Shop
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As a Product Manager for Square Shop, Square's eCommerce store for buying Square's payments and point of sale devices, you will be part of the team that manages the product roadmap and is accountable for the business impact and customer success of Square Shop. Reporting to Shop's Product Lead, you will work to understand the needs and experiences of your customers and your counterparts and translate that into a compelling projects and clear product requirements. You will write robust requirements, prioritize the backlog, and work with our engineering teams to deliver and test quality software.
- Influence the vision, roadmap, and direction for Square Shop
- Think globally about the total business and how to best support organizational priorities and growth
- Participate in the planning, scoping, and prioritization of projects to achieve all of our goals
- Gather requirements, determine features, write product specs, refine feedback, help write test plans, manage the backlog, and ship quickly
- Build partnerships with marketing, logistics, customer service, and engineering teams to define and lead successful execution of roadmap and achievement of performance targets
- Foster an environment that enables the Shop Engineering team to build quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality
- Utilize technology, tools and operational knowledge to successfully implement projects that achieve growth, along with advocating for technical and platform changes to improve the customer experience
- Assess impact of technical changes to the ecommerce experience; make decisions based on resource capacity, customer experience and business analytics.
- 4+ years eCommerce product management experience
- Robust understanding of ecommerce best practices and strong consumer intuition with a curiosity for what motivates online behavior
- Ability to dive deep into the technical details and complexity with ease. You can readily communicate technical and complex topics to non-technical audiences
- Past examples of using customer insights and data analytics to influence roadmap and to improve features and user experiences
- Bonus: experience in delivery experience or category management in addition to the aforementioned Product Management experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.