Engineering Manager, Privacy Infrastructure
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the Privacy Infrastructure team. Our mission is to build and support internal products and infrastructure to protect Block’s customers’ privacy.
In this leadership role, you will be responsible for developing the individuals on the team and furthering the roadmap for privacy at Block.
- Lead a team of software engineers working on tools and infrastructure to support data privacy initiatives and consumer’s privacy rights across Block’s engineering ecosystem
- Partner with your team and teams across product engineering, counsel, security and/or platform engineering teams to develop the strategy and roadmap for privacy at Block.
- Cultivate pragmatic engineering decision-making by fostering inclusive conversations and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar.
- Grow the team by coaching engineers, promoting quality, and hiring new talent that complements the existing skills on the team.
- Contribute to the monitoring and stability of the team’s existing engineering solutions.
- Work in any Block office location or remotely in the USA or Canada. Occasional travel may be required.
- 2+ years experience directly managing software engineers, including hiring, coaching, and managing performance.
- 5+ years of building, architecting, and maintaining systems as a software engineer.
- A proven ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance for your team.
- Experience working with other engineering leaders and cross-functional team members.
- A strong interest in furthering privacy initiatives through engineering
As a bonus, you may also have qualifications or experience in:
- Leading engineering teams who have worked directly in the privacy space
- Defining privacy engineering strategy for product and engineering teams
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.