Technical Accounting Manager
- New York, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
We are looking for a Technical Accounting Manager, reporting to a Senior Technical Manager to join our technical accounting team. You will be part of a team of technical accounting managers that help Block, Inc navigate through complex technical accounting matters to support transactions and products to help scale our product ecosystems. This position can sit in any US Block office or be full-time remote from any US state with the exception of Alaska.
- Technical accounting matters, including carrying out research and documentation for a variety of complex and non-standard transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, debt offerings, new product initiatives, adoption of new standards, as well as general corporate accounting matters
- Support SEC filings including the 10K and 10Q, and others
- Assist in preparation of comment letters as part of the Company's participation in the accounting standard setting process
- Assisting the Company's international accounting team with various technical accounting needs
- Research, evaluate and document technical accounting analysis conclusions and reporting implications of complex and non-standard transactions, as well as other corporate accounting and reporting matters that arise from time to time
- Be the technical accounting lead new projects such M&As, new products, new accounting guidance etc., which will include planning such projects, coordination cross functionally and execution
- Collaborate cross-functionally in order to implement new accounting standards, and support corporate financial reporting including 10Ks and 10Qs
- Be a key part of the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors, the accounting team, and executive management
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- CPA required
- 6+ years of experience required – Big 4 experience preferred
- Public company experience required (preferably from working at a high growth disruptive public company, Financial Services / Payment Processor industry experience desirable but not a requirement)
- Comprehensive and current understanding of US GAAP, including recently issued accounting pronouncements, and SEC reporting principles and regulations
- Familiarity with the accounting standard setting projects (FASB & IASB)
- Current understanding and experience working with IFRS would be a plus
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and internal control frameworks
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.