- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Block is looking for an outstanding trademark paralegal. You have a creative legal mind, a strong attention to detail, and a sense of adventure. You will help provide organizational and substantive support to our trademark, copyright, domain, and larger legal teams.. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting environment.
Under the direction of counsel, you will:
- Submit online take-downs and cease and desist letters
- Help manage our prosecution and enforcement docketing, including maintenance of electronic files
- Manage outside counsel in conflict matters
- Review international registry watch notice and perform direct investigations
- Help with the ongoing development of trademark enforcement and prosecution best practices
- Coordinate with the attorneys in preparing and filing trademark applications
- Directly handle prosecution worldwide, including gathering evidence, responding to Office Actions, and registering/renewing trademarks
- Perform trademark searches and advise on the availability of new names and logos globally
- Maintain outside counsel and vendor spend reports and track overall budget
- Help with IP litigation and TTAB proceedings
- 4+ of trademark paralegal experience. At least one year of technology-based in-house practice
- A B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent practical experience
- Significant experience conducting trademark clearance and availability searches domestically and globally
- A familiarity with worldwide trademark enforcement and prosecution strategies
- An understanding of social media platforms and take-down forms, including how to navigate accounts and posts, monitor trends, search for accounts, and best practices for removing spam, fraud, and IP infringement
- Experience with IP docket management platforms and Google Suite tools
- Experience working with team members at all levels
- A passion for technology
- .Strong decision-making abilities and attention to detail
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.