Senior Frontend Software Engineer - Web Platform, Cash App
- New York City, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Cash OS Web team is responsible for both building products and features as well as the foundational environment and frameworks they are built with. We collaborate with and support numerous product teams across Cash App, including Banking, Payments, Commerce, Investing and Marketing.
We are an engineering-driven team that supports product and business goals. As a team, we span a broad spectrum of web development; from foundational frontend architecture, design systems, analytics pipelines, to server driven UI engines that drive our customer flows. We implement and ship product experiences incrementally, shipping to production multiple times per week. Together we explore business and growth opportunities as well.
- Design, build and own core application architecture and infrastructure
- Ship new experiences and improvements regularly
- Bring experience and knowledge to the team, advancing the web profession at Cash App and helping build the careers of junior team members
- Build out our server:client data synchronization strategy
- Implement common analytics and eventing architecture
- Contribute to safe and secure computing practices, and combating bad actors
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Re-architect legacy code and migrate to new technology stacks
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous, fast-paced environments, prioritizing opportunities and weighing impact
- A strong motivation to contribute to a meaningful product that will fundamentally change the way people interact with their money
- Proficiency creating readable, well-crafted, and maintainable code
- Experience creating frameworks, reusable libraries, or design systems would be valuable
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership, owning projects and areas holistically
- Interest in working with other engineering teams and cross functional partners; product managers, business analysts, and designers
Technologies we use and teach:
- Communication: HTTP, JSON, and Protocol Buffers
- Server (less emphasis): Java, NodeJS, Kotlin, Amazon Web Services
Our team spans the East and West coast time zones in North America
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.