Learning Experience Designer
- Manchester, United Kingdom
From an Australian-born company to a rapidly growing global business, we’re on the ride of a lifetime!
We’re on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
About the Opportunity:
At Afterpay, being a Learning Experience Designer means playing a major part in helping our people unlock their potential and be successful every day. Reporting to the Learning Experience Manager, you will create, implement and facilitate blended learning programs for our global operations team members. This is a truly global role as you support our Australian teams and partners, as well as those in the UK, the US and beyond as we continue to rapidly scale!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and maintaining blended learning programs.
- Translating complex concepts and technical information into easy to understand and engaging content.
- Collaborating with other Learning Experience team members.
- Delivering training to team members and/or “training the trainer”.
- Creating resources to support trainers with their facilitation .
- Attending SME meetings to determine future learning requirements.
- 90% of your role will focus on instructional design and 10% on facilitation.
- 3-5 years expertise in visual, instructional design and facilitation, ideally within Financial Services or Retail.
- Previous experience using Articulate 360 and learning management systems.
- Experience applying instructional design models and adult learning theories/principles to the development of engaging learning solutions and resources.
- High level attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and planning skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Experience with editing images and videos.
- Flexible servicing teams across multiple time zones.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage key stakeholders.
- Comfortable challenging the way we work now so that we can improve as we grow.
- Curious, empathetic and a can-do attitude .
- A creative thinker who designs with their audience in mind and for measurable impact.
- You get a kick out of helping others grow their personal capability!
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.