Senior Software Engineer (Frontend) - Consumer Team
At Afterpay, our mission is to power an economy in which everyone can win. We empower customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. We do this by connecting more than 122,000 retailers across the globe with over 19 million active customers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing. And as a part of Block, Inc., (NYSE: SQ), we’re united by our shared purpose of economic empowerment. Ready to shape an economy in which everyone wins?
As a Software Engineer on the Consumer Engineering Team you’ll be responsible for working on some of the most important aspects of the consumer journey. We’re completely revamping the customer checkout experience, management portal and the App plus we’ve got big plans for connecting Afterpay with the CashApp & Square ecosystem so we can uniquely reward our 20m+ active user base!
We’re going to be making huge strides on our technologies to make sure each of our customers, regardless of usage, gets a personalized experience. This is a perfect opportunity for a Software Engineer that enjoys working on user centric projects and focusing on product engineering.
- Primarily build, maintain and enhance web apps and mobile apps using React.
- Take end to end accountability from designing, developing software to rolling it out to production and supporting the running systems.
- Work in cross-functional Product teams responsible for the discovery, delivery and validation of product features via microservices, APIs, web-apps and mobile-apps.
- Work with the software engineering team following our software development principles
- Peer review design decisions, code, automated tests and documentation
- Participate in the ongoing design and architecture of our evolving core platforms and services
- At least 5 years of experience building scalable, maintainable and cross platform web applications using modern web technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of frontend technologies including React and Redux.
- Strong experience working with backend engineering teams on the API design and integration, API versioning and change management.
- Experience building testable, decoupled, maintainable code with high test coverage and quality in mind.
- Experience working within an agile and fast moving environment.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.