Content Marketing Manager
- London, POST-LON, United Kingdom
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The global Square Marketing team helps businesses learn about Square and engage with our ecosystem of products and services. Content Marketing aims to be the go-to source for independent business owners who want to start, run, and grow their businesses. Our goals are to establish Square as a thought leader, build the relationship between businesses and our brand, and acquire new Square sellers through self-service and lead generation strategies. We're looking for an experienced content marketer to join the UK Growth Team to help share our mission of economic empowerment. Reporting to the Head of Growth (London), you will create content-based strategies ranging from native content placements to paid amplification to webinar and whitepaper programs. You will use marketing automation to help promote incremental value out of existing programs and work with paid and local marketing channels. At Square, we are data-driven in everything we do. You have a creative approach anchored in an obsession with content analytics. This role can be based remotely in the UK, or can work from home or in our Square London office.
- Develop editorial strategies that align with goals
- Identify content opportunities that will be effective at delivering both traffic and other performance metrics
- Manage the content strategy across owned and earned platforms for Square and engage with Square customers in the UK
- Produce the editorial calendar and promote growth through distribution and promotional strategies, and report on the performance of channels and content efforts
- Develop a social proof strategy that ladders into broader content marketing and marketing strategies, including interviewing our customers for testimonials, and working with the broader marketing team on full-funnel campaigns that support business, product, and audience goals
- Produce original content and experiment with formats and narrative styles of seller storytelling to differentiate us from competitors and enhance the editorial approach, partnering with the Editorial team and Creative teams.
- Grow our editorial channels through paid, owned, and earned distribution strategies
- Refine and develop our editorial process to improve the capacity and throughput in order to increase visibility and traffic
- Lead the relationship with creative partners, defining requirements and ensuring our brand and products are brought to life on strategy and through excellent positioning and messaging
- Partner with internal Brand, SEO, Lead Generation, Demand Generation and external media agencies to develop outstanding content marketing strategies and ensure cohesion in our brand and messaging/tonality
- Partner with Marketing Analytics to measure the effectiveness and understand drivers of impact
- Provide impeccable financial stewardship. You'll ensure budget asks are grounded in sound data and strategy. You'll also forecast and monitor spending
- Work with local and international Square teams including Creative, Marketing, Product Marketing, Finance, Communications and Sales teams
- Experience in content-forward roles developing content/editorial strategies
- Experience as a journalist or content marketer
- Interview, writing, and editing skills that can be used across a variety of content types and formats
- Understanding of content distribution/marketing channel best practices (SEO, social media, email, paid ads)
- Experience with content management and analytics platforms
- Experience in optimising content to maximise traffic or other performance metrics
- Copywriting skills across diverse topics
- Genuine interest and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.