Product Manager, Operations Workflow
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Boston, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square Staff represents a suite of labor management, payroll, and communications tools that allow sellers and their teams to thrive together. At Square Payroll, we help employers pay their teams and file their taxes, so they can spend more time focused on running their business.
We are looking for a Product Manager who will help our tax operations team scale our business. As a Product Manager for Payroll Operations, you will identify and solve the needs of our tax operations's team and lead our initiatives to scale the systems that help us file and pay our employer's taxes (customer success to tax operations).
You will collaborate with our tax operations teams to move quickly to deliver a remarkable experience for our operations team. You will report to the Product Lead, who will support you, and in collaboration with our engineering, design and data teams, you will help us identify and deliver the initiatives, and products that can help our operations team be the most effective they can be.
- Build close connections with your internal customers to analyze their workflows and understand their needs to inform the roadmap
- Partner with your internal customers to help establish and monitor important success metrics
- Identify areas of opportunity and develop quarterly plans to improve, with the support of a senior product manager
- Thoughtfully define and communicate project goals, requirements, and constraints
- Work with engineers and designers to improve our internal tools
- Collaborate with almost every other function in Square: Engineering, Design, Data Science, Operations, Legal, Compliance, and Risk
- Experience: 2+ years of product management responsibilities. Optional: Backgrounds in business operations, product analyst, and product operations are helpful
- Collaborative: Experience delivering results with cross-functional teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You're a self-starter and get things across the finish line
- Analytical skills: You have a data-driven learning style
- Excitement: You're passionate about Square's mission and new technology
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.