Product Manager, Orders- Checkout
- San Francisco, California, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Orders team oversees the platform that powers all sales and order management at Square. The team is also responsible for the order management and checkout experiences on Square's point of sale solutions. As a Product Manager on the Orders team, you will oversee product features from creation through execution. You will work with designers, engineers, product analysts, and other partners across Square to ensure that our Orders platform powers 1st party and 3rd party commerce solutions that sellers need to start, run and grow their business.
As the Product Manager for our Checkout team, you will oversee the full stack of features and solutions needed to helping Square Sellers to checkout their customers in all the markets we currently operate in. This includes ownership of the full checkout experiences on all of our mobile Point of Sale products (Square Point of Sale, Square for Retail, Square for Restaurants, Square for Appointments, Square Invoices) solutions. You will advocate for the voice of our sellers, buyers and developers to provide global checkout experiences that are not just reliable, scalable, and secure, but are a competitive advantage for Square and delightful to use. This is a visible role that provides an opportunity to oversee one of the most recognizable parts of Square's omni-channel commerce solution.
- Use feedback from sellers, buyers and developers across multiple markets to continuously improve our Checkout experience to be faster, more intuitive, and better able to handle the new ways buyers want to pay in 2022 .
- Work with engineering, design, and QA to foster team dynamics
- Lead the planning, scoping, and prioritization of projects to achieve all of our goals. You will outline entire roadmaps and project requirements, goals, and constraints.
- Represent the team with partners and senior company leaders to align resources and prioritization.
- Guide the creation of reusable platform solutions that are delightful, scalable and remarkable
- Determine features, write product and technical specs, organize user studies, help write test plans, manage the backlog.
- Report to the current Checkout Product Lead.
- Experience building mobile products - including experience working on reusable mobile components; experience in the e-commerce/retail/payments industry or working on global products is desirable.
- Excellent at cross team communication, coordination and project prioritization
- Deep seller empathy and the ability to work with design to distill seller-facing use cases into remarkable features
- Cross platform (web/mobile/server) technical foundation.
- A work style that uses data to make informed decisions.
- 5+ years of product management experience or equivalent; prior experience as an engineer or solutions architect is desirable.
- Experience with Square's mission, with new technology and for solving complex problems.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 - USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 - USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 - USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.