Merchant Onboarding Specialist - English & French Bilingual
- Dublin, D, Ireland
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Our Implementation Specialists manage the final stages of the sales funnel, working with European merchants to drive the deal through to activation and accelerate the onboarding process. Implementation Specialists use deep product and industry knowledge to project-manage the onboarding stage of the sales process. They are additionally instrumental in ensuring the documentation and tracking of feature requests to inform future product roadmaps. This is a customer-facing role that involves a combination of remote and onsite merchant interactions and certain data-entry responsibilities.
A successful Implementation Specialists will: (1) provide an incredible onboarding experience for Sellers, (2) accelerate the sales cycle by specializing onboarding, (3) develop new efficiencies to shorten the onboarding sales stage, and (4) support Square's international expansion efforts.
- Be the dedicated Implementation Specialist assigned to new sellers and tasked with providing a white-glove onboarding experience.
- Perform against the onboarding process and training curriculum to hold merchants accountable to a go-live timeline.
- Identify and address potential obstacles during the onboarding process, manage partner communication, and create strategies for making improvements.
- Maintain expertise in Squares platform and ecosystem by keeping up-to-date with routine product updates and releases.
- Track all merchant interaction in Salesforce.
- Develop and maintain internal and external training collateral.
Your typical day will include:
- Remote merchant work: phone consults, advising on hardware/software/operations, staff training, menu building, account optimization.
- Occasional onsite merchant work, including training and hardware install.
- Data Entry: configure customer account, optimize menu setup, and other data entry tasks involved in getting a merchant onboard.
- 1-2 years experience in a customer-facing role, preferably in Implementation, Support or Sales.
- A BA/BS degree, preferably.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Bilingual and fluent in English / French, both written and verbal, and comfortable working with Irish, British and French clients.
- Excellent time management, written & verbal communication skills.
- An ability to learn quickly as new products are released.
- Previous Project Management experience a plus.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.