- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
We are looking for a Senior Sourcer to join the Incubation Recruiting team. You will report into our Senior Recruiting Manager. Our team is unique in the fact we partner with emerging businesses within the Block Ecosystem. Some businesses came through acquisitions, like TIDAL, or emerged as new businesses within the last year (Bitcoin Wallet, Bitcoin Data Mining, TBD). As a Senior Sourcer on Incubation, you'll join an existing Sourcing team and be tasked to partner with our Client Partners and Recruiters on niche positions within the crypto and open source space. Your utmost important priority is to increase representation within the emerging business ecosystem.
A bit about you:
You do what you say you will, and are careful to not overcommit yourself or your team. You can become frustrated when others do not show the same level of accountability that you expect in yourself. When given the choice, you prioritize work quality over quantity.
You love uncovering opportunities where others see challenges. You "go with the flow" and provide a working environment in which others can safely experiment & learn. You have plans, but don't mind when the demands of the moment require you to change them.
Some might call you impatient, but you believe that taking action can be the best way to learn. You are always looking for areas to improve—both in yourself and in your team—and you love being measured by what you get done.
- Partner with Recruiters and Hiring Managers to comprehend technical requirements of the role, the scope, and the team
- Build diverse talent pipelines through outreach, referral generation, events, and sourcing campaigns
- Locate and engage passive candidates through the use of Linkedin Recruiter, Boolean search, and creative search techniques
- Review resumes and conduct phone interviews to determine fundamental fit
- Maintain and track pipeline activity to share with the Business and Recruiting Partners
- Recommend creative ideas to potentially impact pipeline
- 4+ years technical sourcing or full-cycle recruiting experience with an agency or in-house recruiting team
- An ability to determine general fit for niche, technical role requirements based on team needs, while being flexible to rapidly switch gears contingent on business priorities
- Experience partnering closely with senior leadership and working in client-heavy environments
- Developed and maintained multiple strategies resulting in the engagement of passive technical candidates
- Experience advising Recruiters and Hiring Managers on activity and strategy to fill assigned roles using data
- Technical industry knowledge and general comprehension of relevant technical skills, relevant companies, engineering communities, etc.
- A never ending desire to stay curious and a hunger for new challenges.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.