Senior Software Engineer, Global (Europe)
- Stockholm, Sweden
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Global team's overall goal is to launch, build and sustainably grow Cash App beyond the US. Global has multiple workstreams that are responsible for new markets, launching new products in existing markets, and accelerating growth where we have found traction.
We have multiple Backend Engineer positions available across different locations including Stockholm, Berlin, Amsterdam, London, Berlin.
- Build and maintain APIs and services that will power Cash App in Europe
- Take ownership to figure out how to solve and deliver on customer problems
- Work in small, cross-functional project teams to iteratively deliver products to production
- Develop new features and improve existing processes
- Interact with cross-functional partners from the Global team as well as other parts of the Cash App
- Build products, systems, and services that have an immediate impact on our customers
- Contribute to cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- Participate in peer code reviews and the team's on-call roster
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Endless motivation and curiosity
- Technical initiative and leadership on previous projects
- An ability to uphold a high technical bar while making pragmatic tradeoffs
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in computer science or eqvevalent work experience
Tools we use and teach:
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, and Guice
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- MySQL, AWS Aurora
- Amazon Web Services
- Event-driven microservice architecture
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.