Senior Product Manager
- Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Founded seven years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As part of an exciting new team in Afterpay you’ll work within a cross functional product team and be responsible for defining the roadmap for your specific area. We operate in a fast-paced and constantly changing industry so you will be expected to be the subject matter expert in your area with a strong understanding of the customer, the competitive landscape and able to identify opportunities before they arrive. This is the perfect role for a seasoned Product person who thrives in a fast-paced environment where they are working to redefine what money means for the Afterpay generation.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin:
- Starting with first principles you will drive innovation into the full end to end experience for your product. We aren’t here to build the status quo, we are here to rethink and set the vision for how customers can purchase within Australia.
- You have a strong background in financial services, particularly focussed on consumer finance products and have delivered a product from inception through delivery and into the hands of your customers. You know that launch is just the start of your journey as a product manager and know how to optimise and make your product a success post launch.
- You know how to make product decisions using both data but also your instinct.
- You have an understanding of the regulatory implications of consumer finance products in Australia and know how to deliver a regulatory fit and compliant product.
- You will work with your Global Product Director to define the strategy for your product crafting a multi quarter vision with rationale for your prioritisation decisions.
- You will be able to work within a cross functional team to deliver at pace.
- You will lead experiences from discovery to launch, in collaboration with design & engineering along with your partners in data & analytics, marketing and customer support.
- Working closely with our technical and operations teams in the AU, US an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Influencing key stakeholders throughout Afterpay to align intent, prioritisation, and resources.
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product and use it. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people use, love and advocate for your product.
You will also have:
- 8-10 years of Product Management experience with experience in financial services particularly around lending with clear examples from your career to date.
- Strong experience working with design and engineering to deliver awesome customer experiences.
- Previous experience working at a fintech company is highly desirable.
- A proven track record of owning and delivering against OKRs with strong examples of benefits tracking and realisation post launch.
- Proven experience working within a cross functional team in a fast paced environment.
- Proven experience in consumer facing mobile apps and web experiences and are able to clearly articulate the unique opportunities and challenges across both iOS and Android.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing to continually evolve the customer experience and hit OKRs.
- Adept at testing and measurement of experiences alongside diagnosing problems through usability research and analytics.
- Must have a collaborative nature combined with the ability to get stuff done in a way that empowers others.
- An ability to clearly communicate the benefits of Lean UX (or similar) with examples, to deliver experiences to customers.
- Exceptional prioritisation and organisational skills.
- An ability to focus, drive clarity and effectively communicate across a range of stakeholders.
- A positive attitude coupled with a growth mindset. We are building an awesome team and want awesome people to join us!
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.