Transaction Monitoring Lead
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
- Oversee the transaction monitoring team, including training, hiring coaching and managing staff
- Work with Square Compliance leads to provide strategic planning on team growth, organizational structure, focus areas, and quarterly goals
- Develop and maintain policies as well as procedures applicable to the team; including iterating on existing workflows to improve and add efficiency
- Work with other Compliance team members to develop technical specifications for tool enhancements or new tool build-out
- Understand regulatory landscape and compliance requirements; with emphasis on applicable BSA/AML requirements that include customer identification procedure, due diligence best practice, and anti-money laundering protocols
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on regulatory changes and landscape
- Provide guidance and insight on merchant account analysis, including handling account escalations from junior team members
- 3+ years in a compliance and/or compliance operations role with a financial services firm, preferably in the payment or Fintech space
- Management experience leading teams in a dynamic and expeditious setting
- Extensive knowledge and expertise of AML regulations, risks and typologies
- Strong operational knowledge in executing and running a sound Compliance program, preferably with hands-on knowledge of MSB and relevant regulatory requirements
- Proven ability to work with in a fast paced creative environment
- An independent executor who can perform flawlessly
- CAMS certification preferred
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.