Global Head of Social Media
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Crafting something that people can connect with on an emotional level has long been and always will be core to Cash App’s brand. Our Brand Team supports the growth of both the brand and the business by winning the attention of engaged and loyal consumers via our innovative use of channels and purposeful, authentic storytelling. At the front lines of that effort is our unique Owned Branded Social media team, focused on building emotional connections with current and future customers while creating content that preserves Cash App's voice and compounds awareness and brand affinity through storytelling & information sharing on a variety of channels, including Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Twitch, and YouTube. We’re looking for a strategic, creative, and seasoned brand leader to lead and grow the development of our Owned Branded Social team. This role will further a major focus on channel growth and engagement through content excellence & strategic intent, all while delivering on our goals and important metrics that push the brand forward.
We’re seeking an experienced Global Head of Social Media for Cash App who thinks like a publisher: bringing a creative and innovative point of view to the team as we continue to push the boundaries of storytelling across Cash App’s public-facing social accounts. That includes knowing how to optimize like a marketer — tweaking channel strategy, developing customer journeys, and leveraging data to improve the customer experience. The position leading our Owned Branded Social team will require experience producing content and building engaged online communities for brands, paired with an inherent motivation derived from insights and real-time feedback. The person in this role will have the opportunity to reimagine and build out the team, define its role within Cash App, establish the way the team works both globally and cross-functionally, and contribute to the evolution of Cash App branded content. This individual will partner with the broader Brand Team supporting all brand campaign efforts and working closely with our Brand Partnerships roster of talent, as well as our cross-functional Marketing discipline that includes Lifecycle, Product Marketing, Design, and Writing, along with our Communications and Lifestyle Division teams.
The person in this role will be tasked with leading the development of Cash App's broad social media presence and applying a digital strategy to further shared marketing, brand, and company priorities. As a leader, influencer, and strong brand marketer, this individual will be responsible for building a strategic vision for @CashApp's presence online, building the team's content strategy, channel strategy, and overall social marketing approach. They will partner closely with collaborators across Cash App to deliver plans and operations tailored to specific goals. We expect this individual to measure, analyze, and optimize performance and bring new and innovative brand tactics into the fold.
- Lead the global vision and strategy for @CashApp’s owned branded social channels
- Grow and lead Cash App’s Owned Branded Social team, setting a vision that aligns with broader company priorities
- Develop a center of excellence model allowing for more consistent social media best practices to be implemented globally, inclusive of an innovative perspective on the role of social in brand building, complete with audience-specific channel strategy
- Develop an editorial point of view on how we present the brand and product across @CashApp’s owned branded social accounts
- Build and expand upon Cash App’s enduring, engaging, and differentiated brand via a content strategy that continuously raises the bar on overall brand impact
- Increase existing channels for growth and identify the right emerging platforms to invest in to continue to develop communities & connect with new audiences
- Foster a culture of creativity on the team — encouraging the team to test & improve strategies that promote both earned media and community engagement
- Develop a comprehensive framework for measuring the success of social media and its impact on the business
- Partner with team members across Marketing to ensure organic social media is integrated into our customer journeys and that paid and organic social media feel consistent
- Ensure Cash App shows up consistently from a holistic perspective, in a way that meets both brand and audience goals
- Work closely with your brand and marketing partners as well as your Creative Director (and creative team) to ensure both creative goals and marketing objectives are met
- Manage a team of social marketers to push and develop the best fit-for-platform strategy across our Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, and TikTok, ultimately driving healthy growth, community building, and engagement
- Work cross-functionally to support the needs of broad based brand campaigns, Product Marketing, the Lifestyle Division, and the Brand Team to support regularly cadenced announcements, brand impact moments, and relevant news
- Be a champion of Cash App branded content as well as the first line of defense in ensuring all content uplifts the brand and presents balanced risk
- Own the overall budget for the team and strategically fund channels, content creation, and campaigns that drive brand goals
- Regularly interface with executive leadership, creative, and external partners to gain buy-in on brand content strategies
- 10+ years of experience in brand and marketing, with a focus on social media, strategic content marketing, or growth marketing
- A strong track record of spearheading launches and brand campaigns that drove significant business results
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop comprehensive narratives that align with brand goals
- Deep understanding of social media measurement and how to use it to fuel brand impact
- Background in producing high-quality, cross-channel creative content, telling the story of the brand while educating new and existing customers about our service and entertaining followers
- Experience managing a team of marketers & strategists
- Experience managing global social systems, determining channel hierarchy, and the role of international and regional channels
- Shown ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and influence at all levels
- Some experience in paid media ecosystems with a general comfort engaging in paid social in addition to organic
- Proven innovation in the social space: an appetite to experiment and use non-traditional marketing tactics, backed up by testing measurable and scalable programs that you’ll optimize and launch based on learnings
- Highly collaborative leadership skills and a proven ability to influence cross-functional teams to meet common goals and objectives
- Experience building media/marketing strategies and managing large budgets
- Bias to delivering results & an ability to manage a portfolio/make strategic choices to maximize impact
- A self-starter with shown ability to work with a high sense of urgency and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Lean on data to provide insights that positively impact content and social strategy
- Ability to anticipate issues and resolve them based on sound business judgment
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone C: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone D: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.