Android Software Engineer, Verse
- Barcelona, Spain
- Employees can work remotely
Verse is within the ecosystem of Cash App, located in Barcelona, Vilnius, and Madrid. Its goal is to take the friction out of spending and sharing money through peer-to-peer transactions. Verse is an EU licensed electronic money institution, which under its digital wallet, allows its customers to share payments instantly, safely, and free of charge in select countries across the European Union.
In partnership with Cash App and the rest of the Block ecosystem, we are building a product that redefines the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at verse.me/careers.
As part of the Android engineering team for Verse, you’ll develop new customer-facing features and enhance our existing ones to scale. We’re developing industry-leading design systems and open source tools, all while adding exciting new functionality to our ecosystem. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about building excellent user experiences to help us connect the universe through payments.
- Create durable, well-tested software for millions of users around the world
- Build and evolve features in an application used and loved by almost a million users
- Be involved in the user experience design process, from wireframes and mockups through implementation and release
- Work closely with designers and business teams to define and implement elegant solutions to interesting problems
- Write unit, integration and UI tests to prevent bugs
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Collaborate with the Product team to plan new features and work with iOS and backend engineers
- Have a meaningful impact on the future Verse
- Boundless curiosity and persistence
- Ability to work autonomously, in ambiguity and collaboratively
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated technical initiative on previous projects
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
Technologies we use and teach:
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.