HR Business Partner
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Our HR Business Partners (HRBP) support specific teams, working closely with management and employees on people-related issues: talent management, employee relations, coaching/development, compensation, conflict and performance management, organizational development and more. HRBPs are instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs and initiatives within specific functions.
We're looking for an HRBP to drive people and business initiatives across Square. You are one who is interested in making a significant impact in one of the most valued and visible groups in the company. You will work with business leaders to provide hands-on and strategic input, insight, and advice on employee relations, performance management, coaching, development, compensation, conflict management, organizational development, training and more. You are comfortable speaking up and driving initiatives forward despite any unexpected roadblocks.
- Partner with mid-level managers and senior leaders to develop and implement HR policies and practices to support the strategic growth of the business
- Provide HR expertise in feedback, performance management, employee relations, coaching, and organizational development
- Collaborate with HR team to promote and accelerate a culture of excellence in which people feel engaged and inspired to deliver top results
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction
- Lead core HR processes, such as performance calibration, compensation cycle and promotions
- Analyze and interpret various types of employee reports (eg, compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision-making and provide proactive solutions to client groups
- Partner with HRBP, Learning and Program colleagues to work on value-added programs in areas of training, development, career mobility and job performance
- 3+ years of experience in an HR Generalist, HR Business Partner or similar role
- Relevant experience building and improving company culture and increasing employee engagement
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Exceptional coaching and facilitation skills and experience influencing colleagues at all levels
- Knowledge or developing knowledge of HR programs, including applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations
- A passion for employee engagement and driving process and policy application
- Experience partnering with business leaders on multi-year, company-wide people projects
- Experience working in a global HRBP team
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.