Senior Product Manager
- Melbourne, VIC, au
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded seven years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
Afterpay is offered by more than 65,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including eBay, The Iconic, Gap, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu, and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, where the brand is called Clearpay.
Global Servicing Product team in Australia. This team is responsible for improving the post-transaction experience of consumers globally (in all of our markets - AU, NZ, US, UK, Canada). This includes payment flexibility, user profile management, notification, refunds improvements and working closely with Customer Service teams to improve our CSAT.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for ensuring that we are optimising the experience of our consumers with all post-transaction activities. You will work collaboratively with our Operations team to ensure activities are prioritised effectively and regularly, and work closely with our Engineering and Design teams to ensure that initiatives are delivered on time and to a high standard.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin…
- Developing a deep understanding of consumer needs to identify and prioritise new opportunities for enhancing consumer experience capabilities within our platform
- Regularly prioritising and re-prioritising activities to ensure time is being spent on the most critical initiatives
- Developing and driving implementation of new flows and products on our platform, which enhances customer experience and supports Afterpay’s success globally
- Leading cross-functional teams in product, design and engineering
- Working closely with our Technology and Operations teams in both the US and Australia
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe. You will also be or possess:
- 7+ years Product Management experience, gained within a large transaction volume, ecommerce environment or fintech is a plus!
- Deep understanding of a variety of customer transaction processes with examples of evolving them
- Successful track record working within a cross-functional team, and across multiple stakeholders and geographies, to deliver project outcomes
- Experience successfully launching and iterating on digital consumer facing products
- A continuous improvement approach to product management
- Adept at testing and measuring the viability and success of new customer experiences
- Exceptional prioritisation and project management skills
- Experience working with Zendesk platforms is an advantage
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.