- Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Afterpay’s mission is to power an economy in which everyone wins, to play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product and we see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Offered by more than 70,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 14 million active customers globally. Top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including Ebay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We also have offices across the globe including New Zealand, USA, China, UK and Europe!
This is an exciting opportunity for a QA Automation Engineer to influence many aspects of our business through constant improvement of our quality processes in the evolution of our core Consumer and Merchant facing systems.
- Responsible for designing, building and owning the automation test suites for APIs and processing jobs and able to integrate the tests into the CI/CD pipeline
- Work closely with Product Manager, Senior Engineers to clarify business requirements/expectations in order to scope out tests plans and approach
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions with Product Managers, Developers to understand the scope of each feature, impact areas and technical complications that need to be considered
- Responsible for reviewing engineers’ acceptance criteria for the feature card through story kickoffs
- Mentoring the engineers on aspects of quality assurance and testing by sharing the experience and knowledge to implement quality governance across the development lifecycle.
- Assessing and mitigating risks, solving quality challenges and implementing changes to improve engineering efficiency.
- Define and drive quality approaches and improvements and be able to provide the confidence for the team to release software with
- Advocate and assist developers to write low level unit tests, integration tests, e2e automated tests and pair with developers for system knowledge sharing, bugs finding and investigation.
- BA/MS/PhD in computer science or equivalent field
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in designing and implementing automation test framework
- Experience in Manual and automated testing
- Experience in understanding and reviewing Java and/or Kotlin code as part of the assurance program regarding unit & component tests
- Experience in testing applications based on Java, Kotlin, Spring boot, Kafka, Redis, MySQL
- Enthusiastic about solving business problems with technology
- Excellent written & verbal technical communication skills
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.