Frontend Software Engineer - Web Marketing, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Cash Core Web team is building out future web experiences and systems across Cash App. We are responsible for building products and features, and the foundation environments and systems they are built with. We collaborate with and support numerous product teams across Cash App, including Banking, Payments, Commerce, Investing and Marketing.
The Marketing Web team works closely with Design, Marketing and Product to engage our customers. We are focused on building tools to unlock creativity, and amplifying the expression and style that make Cash App unique. As a team, we span a broad spectrum of web development; from foundational frontend architecture, design systems, analytics pipelines, to the building blocks that power our services and content management systems. We also regularly implement and ship new experiences, and explore business and growth opportunities.
As a Frontend Engineer you will work together with the team to:
- Design, build and own customer facing experiences and the systems that power them
- Bring experience and knowledge to the team, advancing the web profession at Cash App, and learning from others along the way
- Help implement our analytics and experimentation architecture
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Ship new experiences and improvements regularly
- A strong motivation to contribute to the growth of a meaningful product that will fundamentally change the way people interact with their money
- Proficiency creating readable, well-crafted, and maintainable code
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
- Demonstrated technical initiative
- Interest in working with other engineering teams and cross functional partners; product managers, business analysts, designers, and marketing teams.
Tools we use and teach:
- Communication: HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- Server: Node, Java, Kotlin, Amazon Web Services
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.