Legal Operations Specialist
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Legal Operations is a multi-disciplinary team supporting all Legal teams with contracts management, vendor/financial management, knowledge management, professional development, and special projects.
Reporting to the Legal Operations Technology Manager, you will help to provide our Legal team with organizational, technological, and substantive support. You will keep us organized, maintain playbooks and processes, generate reports, and lead the day-to-day administration and maintenance of our contracts management system.
- Coordinate daily management and maintenance of contracts management system(s), including managing and generating reports
- Assist in basic technical and non-technical support for business users, track frequently asked questions and coordinate internal contract approval and status inquiries
- Optimize contract processes and procedures to increase quality, accuracy and efficiency through updating user manuals and resources, maintaining playbooks and clause libraries and facilitating platform training
- Build relationships with Legal and non-legal partners such as Sales, Procurement, IT, and Business Technology
- 2+ yrs. experience at a law firm or in-house legal department
- Experience with supporting legal operations technology, specifically contract management system(s)
- Proficiency with business applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, and GSuite (preference for experience with Salesforce)
- Clear understanding of contracts and how they are used, including their abbreviated names, and can speak to them without reference
- A proven track record of automating repetitive tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Can effectively articulate difficult ideas/concepts
- Strong organizational, analytical and multi-tasking skills with a keen eye for detail
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.