Financial Crimes eLearning Developer, Cash App
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
We are looking for a Financial Crimes Compliance eLearning Developer to join Block and support the continued build of our Global Financial Crimes program for Block's Cash Business. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked by developing an outstanding compliance program to help grow the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the Company. You will work with Financial Crimes Compliance Leads, Trainers and other relevant partners to design, develop, deliver, and maintain e-Learning curricula and instructional technology through collaboration with subject matter experts. You will manage web course design, content, and delivery to satisfy learning goals. You will facilitate procurement and management of eLearning tools, such as instructional software and applications required to accomplish web based training delivery and completion tracking. You have a demonstrated ability to work independently and are devoted to completing projects within established timelines. You have excellent program, systems design, and documentation abilities and regulatory knowledge.
- Collaborate with Cash Financial Crimes trainers and cross functional leads to cultivate established course outline into compelling interactive web-based learning content
- Create instructional material with captivating graphic design and infographic layout based on training facilitator direction and feedback regarding content requirements and and learning goals
- Revise existing web-based and virtual training content
- Assist training facilitators and program managers in training program reporting and support
- Maintain an understanding of Cash App products and features and applicable domestic and international compliance requirements
- Stay informed of regulatory developments, industry trends and Block product road maps to ensure the training program(s) are up-to-date
- 5+ years of experience developing learning content based on desired course outline, design, and learning goals
- 3+ years of experience using relevant eLearning tools and applications to develop engaging and effective instructional design used to bring web-based courses
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Project-driven focus to work independently
- Experience and a familiarity with numerous eLearning design tools, such as Google Suite, Duchebo or Articulate
- Knowledge in BSA/AML regulations, risks and typologies
- A mindset to accomplish service level agreements strategically, resourcefully, and methodically
- UX design experience as it relates to branding, developing and delivering eLearning and virtual content
- eLearning instructional design certificate
- Experience working in a Payment or Fintech company
- Fluency in a language other than English
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.