Senior Mobile Software Quality Analyst / SDET
- San Francisco, CA, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Square Point of Sale (SPOS) team owns Square's flagship product for sellers. When you go into a coffee shop and sign with your finger on an iPad or Square Register, you're using SPOS. We have the privilege of building tools that help millions of sellers do their job every day.
The SPOS team focuses on building features that work for sellers of all sizes and business types – from the plumber down the street, to your local flower shop, to the multi-store coffee shop with 10s or even 100s of employees. The hardware that the SPOS app runs on is designed to match this diversity – our features work on everything from an iPhone up to our own Square Register hardware, and everything in between.
We're looking for an experienced and passionate Software QA Analyst to improve and find major problems in the features developed by our growing engineering teams. You will review product requirement documents, design specifications, and lead development of the test plans. You will come up with the manual and automated test suites for the Point of Sale system. You will report to the QA lead and work with product management, design, and engineering teams to ensure the quality test criteria are met before shipping the final product.
- Work side-by-side with developers and peers to create test plans for new features on Android, iOS & Squid devices
- Define and track important quality metrics to guide quality improvements
- Coordinate testing efforts for major new features
- Escalate important bugs and working with developers to prioritize fixes
- Provide feedback on new features before integrating them into future releases
- Come up, implement and refine automation strategy, add framework enhancements, increase automation coverage and other testing practices to improve the current QA process to help increase the productivity and efficiency of the Engineering teams
- 5+ years of relevant QA technical experience with at least 3+ years of experience in mobile device testing on iOS and Android including phones and tablets
- Experience in Native App automation testing frameworks such as Espresso, XCUITest/XCTest, KIF
- Experience in code/scripting language such as Swift or Java or Python or Ruby or Kotlin
- Experience working with CI systems (Jenkins, Buildkite)
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development environment
- Experience creating concise test suites
- Liaison with Product teams, Engineering teams, and QA teams
- Experience working through technical issues to both engineers and product managers
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.