Senior Product Marketing Manager, Square Checking
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Austin, United States
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We're looking for a strategic, and experienced marketer to lead marketing for our rapidly growing Square Checking product team.
The Product Marketing Manager champions the voice of the customer when developing and marketing our products. You will play a pivotal role in defining and building a remarkable Checking product for small businesses. You will partner with Product, Engineering, Data Science, Sales, Customer Success, and Creative teams to take our Checking product to the next level. You will ensure that the right customers are getting the right message, about the right products for them, through the right channels, at the right time.
The Product Marketing Manager will also showcase an understanding of product strategy, branding, B2B marketing, cross-channel acquisition (paid and unpaid), sales enablement, and experience with cross-functional coordination. You should also have exceptional leadership, analytical, and communication skills. You will report to the Product Marketing Lead, Banking.
- Have a deep empathy for our customers' pain points and needs through qualitative and quantitative research, and develop solutions to meet those needs. Ensure that the voice of the customer is always represented in every customer product and marketing experience
- Work with product managers, engineers, designers, creative, data scientists, marketing analysts, and other team leads to identify impactful product opportunities and prioritize efforts
- Drive go-to-market strategies - including targeting, segmentation, product positioning, value propositions, essential messaging, marketing channels, and budgets - across the customer journey to convert, grow, and retain our customers
- Oversee the metrics. Work with our Data Science team to report out on goals, measure performance, and identify optimization opportunities
- Work with our designers and copywriters to develop compelling, and creative marketing collateral across channels
- Partner with Sales, Account Management, and Customer Success to create a holistic approach to sales training and enablement, onboarding, and ongoing customer engagement
- Develop and execute upon strategic annual and quarterly marketing plans for sustained product growth
- Support cross-functional marketing team projects
- BA/BS degree; MBA a plus
- 8+ years marketing or related professional experience
- 3+ years working in a product marketing capacity. Preference for experience designing go-to-market strategies for product launches.
- Strong quantitative ability, and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort in a face-paced, start-up environment
- Previous background in B2B marketing
- Experience in FinTech, lending, or financial services a plus
- Spanish language capability a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.