Senior Business Analyst, Globalization
- San Francisco, CA, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Globalization team helps to bring Square products and services to the world. Our goal is to leverage our success in the US and deliver innovative, simple, unique, and fully localized experiences to our international customers. We are looking for a Globalization Analyst to join our team and help us shape the Square message with maximum local relevance, amplifying our brand and products in key markets around the globe.
In this newly created role you will: a) help manage team budgets, b) produce analyses to maximize return on investments, c) develop and analyze operational metrics, and d) develop a Globalization dashboard for several verticals within the team. You will report to the Head of Globalization and partner with the entire Globalization team, Finance & Strategy, Procurement & Vendor Management, Human Resources and Product Analytics teams.
- Help manage team budgets by producing reports, making projections/forecasts, and developing recommendations
- Develop, enhance and maintain financial models and analyses to maximize return on investment
- Analyze team operational metrics (headcount, security issues, production statistics)
- Communicate with the central Finance & Strategy team
- Develop dashboard for globalization team metrics
- Streamline and centralize our data structure and set up the foundation for accuracy and consistency of data gathering and reporting
- 5+ years of experience focused on business & financial modeling, forecasting and data analysis
- 3+ years of experience in Localization & Globalization as an analyst
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheets (can perform complex functions in Excel/Google Sheets)
- Experience dealing with large sets of data (SQL and Looker)
- Experience engaging with team members of all levels
- Advanced research skills; ability to identify and seek required information
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.