Learning Experience Designer
- San Franciso, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
We're looking for a Learning Experience Designer to join our growing Employee Experience Team at Square. You will deliver products and services that unlock performance and enable long-term career growth at Square. You will have the opportunity to shape our L&D strategy from the ground up. You will focus on identifying and actualizing unique developmental experiences that will provide significant value to our employees and our business. You will collaborate with leaders and subject matter experts across the company, serving as a consultant and advisor. You will report into our Employee Experience leader.
As a design professional you will instinctually apply Square's Operating Principles to your work: Understanding someone's struggles, Seeking divergent perspectives, Taking principled risks, Inventing & Learning. An ideal candidate is passionate about creating a world-class work experience at Square and believes in the power of human-centric design.
- Create a blueprint for the holistic learning and development experience at Square
- Assess learning needs and prioritize efforts by collaborating with business leaders, conducting employee research, and synthesize information from a variety of data sources
- Use human centered design techniques to design and test new learning methods, formats, and strategies to support a 70:20:10 learning model
- Leverage a range of learning products to create relevant blended learning programs that support learner needs and meet learning objectives
- Ensure our LMS platform and learning technologies contains the features and functions needed to deliver learning activities
- Continuously iterate and improve on products and programs by gathering feedback and measuring results
- Engage in continuous dialogue with business leaders, People Team leaders, cross-functional L&D professionals, and our employees to gather input, share ideas, and find inspiration
- Stay abreast of all People products, programs and services to understand the interdependencies with your teams' work
- Maintain functional expertise by keeping up to date on current Professional Development trends in the marketplace
- Bachelor's degree in learning design, learning science, instructional design, UX design or similar
- 5+ years of experience in designing, curating, and delivering learning solutions or adjacent user experience design work
- A track record of translating user and business needs into desirable solutions using human-centered iterative design
- Experience planning and executing effective user research
- An adept understanding of learning platforms and technologies
- Proficiency in agile project or program management
- The ability to design and develop effective learning experiences in a variety of modern channels that include on-the-job, social, and formal learning programs
- A demonstrated ability to develop and deploy sound measurement strategies that track engagement, impact, quality of experience, and other desired outcomes
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.