Product Manager, Fitness
- Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square is built by an incredible team that is on a mission to make commerce easy for all types of businesses. As one of our three vertical solutions, Square Appointments helps businesses in the Services industry succeed. We build innovative solutions that provide businesses with everything they need to start, run, and grow their business: scheduling and online booking, a point of sale that tracks customer details, and a secure, fast payments system.
We are working to expand our footprint in the Services industry. As a key product leader on the Square Appointments team, you'll own the vision, strategy, and execution on a remarkable solution for a new merchant category at Square: Fitness. You'll have the opportunity to drive impact for millions of fitness businesses and expand the merchant footprint at Square. You will report to the Head of Product on Square Appointments as you partner with Engineering, Design, User Research, Product Marketing, Data Science, Partnerships, and other product + platform teams across Block to integrate and launch remarkable experiences for the Fitness industry.
- Shape the multi-year vision and strategy for the Square for Fitness offering, a new category at Square
- Partner with User Research, Product Design, and Product Marketing to understand the needs of fitness businesses and become an expert in fitness industry trends to shape your strategy
- Deeply understand the jobs-to-be-done of fitness merchants through qualitative and quantitative research, and champion their needs within Block
- Own adoption and Square product usage within the fitness vertical
- Work with our executive leadership team and important partners across Block
- Drive the product roadmap and execute the delivery timelines to launch remarkable experiences for our merchants and grow the business
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Block in order to align intent, resources, and prioritization
- Foster an environment that enables the team to execute quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality
- Manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning, execution and launch
- 8+ years of experience in product management
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You're a scrappy, self-starter with flexible skills and have experience successfully building solutions for a new category/vertical
- Analytical skills: You have a data-driven learning style and use quantitative information to make product decisions
- Results: Proven track record of shipping simple, elegant user-facing products
- Collaborative approach: Delivers results with cross-functional teams, and partners with and empowers team members appropriately
- Customer-centric: Strong customer empathy, experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Strategic: Experience developing and driving key strategies that shape an organization
- Efficiency: Excellent organization and prioritization skills, ability to influence multiple stakeholders and product teams to execute on a multi-year strategy
- Excitement: You're passionate about Square's mission and new technology
- Domain expertise: with small businesses (Fitness is a bonus) or other financial products
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.